FireTribe has been making Fire Poi since 2000 and we’ve since perfected our style of cylindrical fire poi. The poi’s design is aimed at maximising fuel absorption, thus creating a longer burn, and minimising potential weak points making them remarkably durable.
The amount of wick used determines how much fuel can be absorbed, which then effects the weight of the soaked poi, the flame size and its total burn time. Choosing a weight depends on your poi experience, your physical strength and stamina and how much fuel you want to soak up.
- Handles – double finger loops, heavy duty keyrings
- Chain – length adjustable at keyrings
- Light – 50cm of 7.5cm wide wick fabric (at least 5min burn time)
- Medium – 75cm of 7.5cm wide wick fabric
- Heavy – 100cm of 7.5cm wide wick fabric
- Extra Heavy – 150cm of 7.5cm wide wick fabric (up to 15min burn time)
All pairs of Fire Poi come packaged in a very handy metal tin which makes traveling and storing your poi easy and (mostly) odour free.
Swivels are essential for some advanced, tangle poi moves such as Orbitals. They are not essential for the vast majority of poi spinning, but do contribute to a smoother experience. If you do choose swivels, you will need a pair of split ring pliers in order to adjust the length of your chains.
We recommend that you do not practise with your fire equipment and only use it when lit. Rather use practice poi to practise with. This will help to extend the life of your fire equipment and keep your practice sessions clean and fuel-free.
R700.00 – R1,180.00